What Are the Benefits of Combing Procedures?
After bearing children, many Houston women would like to have their pre-pregnancy bodies back again. Despite a healthy diet and exercise, some women have difficulty losing all the baby weight, and of course, there’s no exercise a woman can perform to address deflated or sagging breasts, or drooping abdominal skin. Because postpartum mothers often have several concerns about their post-pregnancy bodies, Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig frequently recommend they combine their desired procedures into one surgical event commonly known as a Mommy Makeover.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a series of plastic surgery procedures that Houston women can have performed during one surgical session. Mommy makeovers frequently consist of:
- A tummy tuck, to address loose abdominal skin and to stitch up separated abdominal muscles;
- A breast augmentation to restore lost volume due to pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- A breast lift to reposition the breasts to their higher, perkier pre-pregnancy position; and
- Liposuction, to remove those stubborn fatty deposits that just won’t go away no matter how much a Houston mother diets and exercises.
What Are the Benefits of Combining Multiple Procedures into One Mommy Makeover?
For busy Houston moms, combining all of these plastic surgery procedures into one session provides several benefits, including:
- Streamlining Your Recovery Time
Let’s face it, Houston mothers are busy with their job, raising their children, preparing meals, keeping up on housework, running errands, etc. If you were to have a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift and liposuction performed separately, you would have to take off time for each procedure to recover. And for some of these surgeries, you can’t lift anything heavy, including your small children, for a few weeks after your procedure. Clearly, combining all these procedures into one surgical experience can help you recover faster and more efficiently.
- Reducing Your Overall Surgical Costs
When Houston mothers have elective plastic surgery, they aren’t just paying for the plastic surgeon’s time and skill. They’re also paying for the pre-op team, the operating room fees and team, medication, the anesthesiologist, and the recovery team, not to mention post-operative appointments with Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig. These fees can really add up if you have three or four separate surgeries performed at different times. However, by combining multiple procedures into one Mommy Makeover, you can drastically reduce these non-plastic surgeon fees.
- Combining Multiple Procedures Is Completely Safe for Healthy Houston Mothers
If you’re a Houston mother in overall good general health and a non-smoker then being under general anesthesia for the amount of time it takes to have a Mommy Makeover, and combining all these surgeries into one surgical event is completely safe.
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Simply desiring a mommy makeover doesn’t automatically qualify you for this combination of surgeries. Dr. Fusia and Dr. Craig screen all of their Houston Mommy Makeover candidates to ensure:
- They don’t plan on having any subsequent pregnancies. It’s entirely safe to have a pregnancy after a mommy makeover, but doing so may negate the results you achieved with your surgery.
- They are in good general health.
- They are non-smokers.
- They understand all the procedures they are requesting and have realistic expectations for their results.
- They are in good psychological health.
Schedule a Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
If you are ready to take the next step and determine if you are an adequate candidate for a Mommy Makeover, the next best step you can take is calling Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig’s office to schedule a consultation.
To do so, contact our practice in Houston today at (713) 346-9909.