Facelift/Necklift Connecticut and Houston
With over twenty years of experience as a distinguished plastic surgeon, Dr. Fusi F.A.C.S. M.B.A. specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive procedures for the face, body, and breast. As a clinical faculty member of the section of Plastic Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Fusi reflects the highest standard of surgical techniques and patient care in his practice.
An experienced board certified cosmetic surgeon previously faculty member at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Craig obtained her plastic surgery training at Yale and during a fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Both Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig have sought individualized training from renowned facelift surgeon Dr. Timothy J. Marten, adopting his innovative fat grafting approach to a traditional facelift for more natural and effective results.
What is a Facelift?
The effects of gravity and aging cause skin that was once toned and firm to sag and fat to atrophy or decrease in volume. A facelift, or rhytidectomy, restores your youthful appearance by:
- Tightening muscles and tissue.
- Restoring contour to sagging skin.
- Eliminating or repositioning fat deposits.
- Removing excess sagging skin.
This procedure is common for patients in their 40s, 50s, and 60s who want to recapture their youthful appearance after non-surgical facial rejuvenation does not achieve the desired aesthetic results.
What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift can contour your neck for a smoother and younger appearance free of:
- Sagging jowls.
- Loose skin on the neck.
- Fat under the chin .
Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig often perform a facelift and neck lift simultaneously to restore symmetry to the entire face and neck proportionally.
Do I Need a Facelift?
Many patients elect to undergo a facelift after non-surgical facial rejuvenation no longer achieves the aesthetic results they desire. Other patients consider a facelift and neck lift when they notice the effects of aging caused by:
Both groups of patients experience similar dissatisfaction with their appearance and are seeking a long-lasting way to enhance their appearance.
What Will Happen During a Consultation?
A consultation involves a one-on-one conversation with either Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig outlining your specific concerns and goals. During your consultation, Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig will:
- Thoroughly examine your face and neck.
- Review your medical history.
- Listen to your concerns and questions regarding surgery.
- Discuss the benefits, cost, and related risks.
After your consultation, Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig encourage any additional questions you have regarding surgery to fully prepare for the procedure.
During the Procedure
Patients will meet with Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig at an outpatient surgical center on the day of their procedure. A trained anesthesiologist will administer either sedation or general anesthesia to maintain your comfort throughout surgery. At this point, Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig will undertake the procedure and:
- Make an incision at your hairline and around your earlobes. Patients may also require an incision under the chin for a neck lift.
- Reposition muscles, tightening them to smooth wrinkles and lines. Any excess skin and fat will be removed or repositioned to improve contour.
- Close the incision so that it is hidden in the hairline or creases of the neck and ear.
- Frequently, fat grafting is used to reestablish fullness in areas of the face that have lost volume due to fat migration and the disappearance of fat throughout the years.
After surgery, you will rest comfortably in the recovery room until the effects of anesthesia wear off and a friend or loved one can take you home for recovery.
How Long Will Recovery Take?
Recovery from a facelift generally takes 10-14 days for the initial phase of healing. Common symptoms in the first few weeks include:
Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig will prescribe pain medication and recommend different ways to relieve discomfort as you heal. A follow-up exam will be scheduled a few days after the procedure to remove drains and bandages. During this exam, Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig will review how to care for your facelift.
Patients who undergo a facelift can expect to appear a decade or so younger. This revitalized appearance is due to:
- Improved facial contour and skin tone.
- Diminished lines, wrinkles, and creases.
- Repositioning of fat deposits and volume restoration to the face.
To maintain the results of your facelift Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig recommend protecting yourself from sun damage by wearing a high SPF and following a simple skincare regimen.
To regain your youthful face, schedule a facelift consultation with Dr. Fusi or Dr. Craig by calling our offices in Connecticut at 203-458-4444 or Houston at 713-346-9909.