Do’s and Don’ts Before a Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is a combination of body rejuvenation plastic surgery procedures that help Houston mothers regain their pre-pregnancy bodies. Typically including a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift and sometimes liposuction, these combined procedures often help mothers build self-confidence in their postpartum bodies. If you’re about to undergo this series of plastic surgery procedures, there are several do’s and don’ts you should know about. Read on for our list of mommy makeover do’s and don’ts.
- Find someone to drive you home the day of your procedure. Since you’ll be receiving general anesthesia at our Houston surgical center, you won’t be able to drive yourself home.
- Get your pain medications filled in advance of your surgery, if possible. You’ll want them to be available to you as soon as possible, without having to make a trip to the pharmacy to pick them up post-op.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can complicate both the mommy makeover surgery and recovery process. If you smoke, talk to Dr. Fusi & Dr. Craig so they can help you get enrolled in a smoking cessation program.
- Eat a healthy diet before your surgery, and drink plenty of water.
- Arrange for childcare and help around the house during your recovery time.
- Stay away from germs, and anyone who is sick, even with a common cold, in the days before your surgery. You won’t be able to undergo your procedures if you’re sick on your surgery day.
- Plan for a comfortable way to sleep after your surgery. You won’t be able to sleep on your stomach, and many Houston women prefer sleeping on their back or sides with extra pillows, or in a recliner after a mommy makeover.
- Go to your pre-op appointment with your general physician to get cleared for surgery.
- Don’t consume alcohol in the days before your surgery, as doing so can complicate your procedures.
- Don’t get baby fever. To ensure long lasting results, Houston women who are considering a mommy makeover should be certain they are done having children before undergoing surgery.
- Don’t gain extra weight before your surgery. Women who get a mommy makeover should be at a stable weight and close to their goal weight before undergoing this procedure.
- Don’t get sunburned. Nothing hurts quite like recovering from surgery and a sunburn simultaneously.
- Don’t forget to ask Dr. Fusi & Dr. Craig any questions that you have. They want you to be completely informed and comfortable with your surgery before going into the operating room.
Learning More About a Mommy Makeover
If you’re ready to reclaim your pre-pregnancy body with this body rejuvenation procedure, the best thing you can do is visit Dr. Fusi & Dr. Craig for a consultation. During this appointment, the doctors will evaluate your body and problem areas, collect your medical history, confirm you are done having children, answer any questions you may have, prepare a personalized treatment plan for you and explain the type of realistic results you might expect from your mommy makeover.
To schedule this initial consultation today, call Dr. Fusi & Dr. Craig’s Houston offices today at (713) 346-9909.