Are the Results of Eyelid Surgery Permanent?
When Houston residents, or anyone for that matter, decide to have an elective surgery such as eyelid surgery to address drooping eyelids or deep under eye circles, they want to know that the results are going to be long-lasting, if not permanent- that makes perfect sense. Elective surgery like eyelid surgery is typically an out of pocket expense, and also requires time off from work or school for your full recovery. If you’re going to make these investments in your appearance, you want to know that they’re going to be worthwhile!
The cause of sagging and drooping eyelids, as well as deep under eye circles, is often, though not always, the result of aging. And because the aging process never stops, Houston residents will continue to age around their eyes even if they have eyelid surgery. However, eyelid surgery, medically referred to as blepharoplasty, is considered a long-lasting procedure. In fact, most patients who undergo eyelid surgery find that, as they continue to age, they don’t need another eyelid surgery performed, but may require a brow lift in the future.
What Exactly is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid surgery is a series of surgical techniques that Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig will perform to make you look more alert and more youthful. It helps you look as great as you feel inside, even if your eyes don’t tell that story. There are a number of reasons that Houston residents seek out Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig for eyelid surgery, including:
- They have drooping upper eyelids that make them look less alert, more tired and older than they actually are.
- They have drooping upper eyelids that droop so low that they obstruct their vision.
- They have drooping lower eyelids that droop so low they reveal the bottom whites of the eyes.
- They have deep under eye circles that, despite adequate rest, can’t be covered up properly with makeup.
Since there are several different reasons that Houston residents seek out eyelid surgery, Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig will use a variety of techniques to perform the procedure. For example:
- To address the upper eyelids, our doctors will make an incision in the eyelid crease. From there they will remove the drooping eyelid skin and also reduces puffiness. Because the incision is made in the eyelid crease, it is virtually unnoticeable post-op.
- To address lower eyelids or deep under eye circles, Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig will make an incision in the bottom eyelid. From here, they remove drooping skin and excess fatty tissue that causes deep under eye circles.
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?
Desiring eyelid surgery doesn’t automatically make you a candidate for the procedure. Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig cares deeply for her Houston patients’ overall health. Therefore, they screen all their patients by:
- Gathering their complete medical history, to ensure they are healthy enough to undergo this elective procedure.
- Ensuring they fully understand the procedure and have realistic expectations for their results.
- Ensuring they are nonsmokers, as smoking can complicate both the eyelid surgery and your recovery time period.
- Ensuring you are in good psychological health.
Scheduling a Consultation
If you think that eyelid surgery is the right procedure for you, your next step is to contact Dr. Fusi and Dr. Craig’s Houston office to schedule an initial consultation.
To do so, contact our office in Houston at (713) 346-9909.